I’ve been a little worried lately, that my decision to put the sequel to “The Gateway” to one side, was an error of judgement. I have found that leaving a draft for a few weeks and then going back to it later, always gave me a better insight to my writing.
I’d always intended to have the second book, with the working title of “The Plague”, ready by Easter. But my publisher, YouWriteOn.com, sent out a general email asking for submissions to be in their hands by the end of February 2012.
My little heart turned over. I knew I’d never have the manuscript ready at such an early date, without rushing it and making an almighty mess of the story. So I emailed in reply asking their advice and, lo and behold, they are quite awilling to wait until I say the book is ready.
Thank God for small mercies and YouwriteOn.com.